The first and foremost question that pops in the mind of any website owner is how do I get my website on the first page of Google. This is also the major obstacle faced by any website. How should I make my website accessible for both visitors and search engine robots?
Why is it important to be on the first page of Google?
There are a lot of studies which show that the vast majority of Google users do not browse past the first page of Google results. According to one study, most people just glance at the first few links on the Google homepage. Moreover, most of the visitors do not even land on the second or third page while searching for any information. As a result, the best SEO tactics should be employed to ensure that your brand is visible to your customers.
What do you mean by Search Engine Optimization? Why is it an important practice?
The term “search engine optimization” (SEO) refers to the process or approach employed to increase the traffic on your website. In other words it is the set of practices used to make your website visible to the users by improving the appearance and positioning of information on your website. This is done to achieve a higher ranking in search results’ helps search engines to determine what a page is about and how it will be useful to users. There are broadly four types of SEO, namely: –
- On-page SEO – To optimize individual webpages to rank higher.
- Off-page SEO – To promote the website by link building, link popularity and link exchange.
- Technical SEO – To verify that your website complies with the latest search engine and algorithm technical criteria.
- Local SEO – To make a website visible in local search results on Google.
How to rank a website on Google?
However, many people are unaware how to rank a website on Google. To start there are many factors that search engines use to determine which websites should appear in search results and where they should appear. The only need is to enhance your online presence to cater to these factors. And to do so proper and efficient strategies should be employed.
Strategies on how to improve SEO ranking on Google
There are several other techniques to improve the rating of a page without resorting to paid search engine strategies. The tactics listed below will help to improve Google search results :-
- Titles:- The title tag is used by search engines to highlight a page in search results and at the top of the browser. These tags provide information about your page’s content to search crawlers and users. Because Google’s title tags are limited to 50–60 characters, keeping descriptions succinct, intriguing, and relevant is essential. Keywords and page themes should be placed near the top of the page.
- Keywords:- The use of keywords across your website is one of the most important SEO techniques. Consider how someone could search for information about the specific service or product you’re offering, as the terms they use are likely to be the keywords you’ll use. However, don’t employ too many keywords, especially if they’re unrelated, as this could result in your site being marked as spam. Search engine crawlers are designed to ignore ‘keyword stuffing.’
- Update content regularly:- It’s critical that you keep your content up to date on a regular basis. This contributes to the development of trust between you and your clients, as well as a brand image and domain authority.
- Develop Organic Links:- Another major ranking factor in Google’s algorithm is the number of organic and high-quality inbound connections to your site. This works because when Google determines your site’s trustworthiness and relevance, it takes into account the amount of times it has been suggested by external sources. As a result, keeping track of how these linkages grow is crucial.
- ALT Tags:- Adding descriptive sentences to the imprint of each image and video on your site, known as alternative text descriptions, allows search engines to identify your page based on the keywords included in your image and video descriptions, as well as the rest of the site’s text. As a result, your site’s chances of being discovered improve, and your page ranking improves as well.
- Better Linking:- To improve the SEO, you need an informative, trustworthy, impartial homepage that helps visitors learn more accurately about what they are interested in and thus increase the chances to draw more links from other websites. By including relevant links within the content, you can increase the authority and credibility of your website.
Finally, to improve your Google search results
It is indeed vital to rank as high as possible in the search engine results in this day of competition and complete digitization. We’ll need an excellent SEO strategy for this. These days, SEO is also about enhancing the customer experience. If your website is well-structured, neat, and simple, regular visitors are more likely to stay on it. Bounce rates will be reduced while site traffic will increase. Furthermore, highly relevant content keeps your readers engaged because they’re more likely to get solutions to their questions. Relevant information can assist your clients in resolving their urgent problems and finding exactly what they need on your website. SEO may make your users happy if executed properly. The websites optimized with SEO can load faster and are much easier to read and navigate. They look and work great on practically any device, including smartphones and tablets. The websites which are Easy-to-read and navigate significantly capture more attention of readers and visitors. This implies that the one time visitors are more likely to become your long-term clients, subscribers, and visitors.